Inventions from 2000 to 2019
Let’s find below a glimpse of inventions that took place from 2000 to 2019:
2000: Sony develops the first prototypes for the Blu-ray optical disc format.
2001: Artificial Liver was invented by health scientists.
2002: Virtual Fetus Ultrasound images allow expectant parents to see grainy images of their developing fetus.
2003: The world’s first digital camera with an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display is released by Kodak.
2004: Facebook was launched.
2005: Youtube was launched.
2006: Twitter launched publicly.
2007: Apple releases the original iPhone. While not the first smartphone, it did popularise the touchscreen focused format.
2008: Satoshi Nakamoto develops the first blockchain.
2009: Introduced in 2009, bitcoin introduced the world to the idea of an entirely digital form of currency.
2010: The first solar sail based spacecraft, IKAROS, is launched by Japan.
2010: The first synthetic organism, Mycoplasma laboratorium is created by the J. Craig Venter Institute.
2010: Concept of Venmo. Send money to people instantly by tapping a few buttons on your smartphone.
2010: iPad was launched
2011: Researchers have found a way to inject a precise dose of a gene therapy agent directly into a single living cell using electricity, instead of a needle.
2012: Self-driving cars make use of significant advancements in artificial intelligence and GPS technology.
2013: Bolivian scientists restore brain function to stroke-affected rats by injecting them with stem cells. This breakthrough may lead to more effective treatments for human stroke sufferers.
2014: Google reports the development of a contact lens glucose monitor.
2014: The first synthetic chromosome is created for integration into a yeast cell.
2015: SpaceX’s Reusable Rocket was launched. Falcon 9 rocket launched and delivered a payload into orbit, and then landed at Cape Canaveral.
2015: Tesla’s Powerwall was launched to store excess energy and use it when needed
2016: Google Assistant was revealed
2017: Researchers at Harvard develop a customizable “soft robot” that fits around a heart and helps it beat, potentially offering a new treatment option for patients with heart failure.
2017: IBM announces “IBM Q”, an initiative to build commercially available universal quantum computing systems.
2018: the gene-editing system known as Crispr was invented. modified human embryos can be created.
2019: IBM launches IBM Q System One, its first integrated quantum computing system for commercial use.
2020: The first successful phase III trial of a possible COVID-19 vaccine, BNT162b2, is announced by drug companies Pfizer and BioNTech, able to prevent 90% of infections.
I hope this article on inventions from 2000 to 2019 was worth reading. You may also find the inventions in the 70s very interesting.
More Interesting Articles
- 35 Ancient Chinese Inventions | Discoveries | Contributions
- 29 Great Inventions of Mesopotamia Still Inspire Us
- Car Companies Owned by Volkswagen
- 16 Contributions of Hippocrates – Father of Medicine
- 47 Ancient Roman Inventions and Discoveries
- 15 Evergreen Inventions of Ancient Greece
- 13 Remarkable Inventions by Archimedes We Still Use
- A Brief History of the Automobile – Car History
- 100+ Inventions in the 1800s – A Complete History
- 19 Thomas Alva Edison Inventions – Complete List
- 33 Albert Einstein Inventions and Research Works
- 19 Benjamin Franklin Inventions and Achievements
- 29 Great African American Inventors of All-time
- The Invention of the Mobile Phone – History | Trends
- 100 Greatest Theorems of All Time
- 100+ Inventions Made during the Industrial Revolution
- When was the Wheel Invented – Wheel Then and Now
- 175 Scientific Theory and Scientific Law in a List
- How does a Nanogenerator Work?
- How Long Does an Electric Car Battery Last?